A Complete Jewish Montessori Certification Course
Starting Summer 2017
We've been working on this for years-- an in-depth Montessori training, fully integrated with Jewish subjects, that is also certified. A training you could mostly complete from the comfort of your home. One that doesn't just send you off with some Montessori binders, where you're left to figure out the integral jewish element on your own. We wanted to create a training opportunity that builds a LIVING, BREATHING, and ALWAYS COLLABORATIVE cohort. A training where you could have an expert hold your hand along the entire journey. To empower you as a teacher. How does that sound? Click here to read the nitty gritty.
For the first time in Jewish Montessori history, we are making that happen-- a complete and integrated Jewish Montessori certification course! We've teamed up with the Center for Guided Montessori Studies to develop this 19 month course that includes both a residential component and a long distance online component-- and that is fully certified. Yes, we know, you want to know more! Click here to watch the informational webinar we hosted where we discussed all of the details!
The application deadline to join our first inaugural cohort is May 29th. If you have been thinking about applying, below is some of the important information that you might need to consider, like important dates, costs, the application checklist and FAQs.
May 29th - Application deadline
June 26th - Orientation + First module of the course (online)
July 24th - Residential session at Lamplighters begins (we will be having classes on the following two Sundays)
August 9th - Last day of residential session
Frequently Asked Questions:
Here are some of the FAQs that we’ve been getting:
- Can I sign up without a school? All participants must be school sponsored--The tuition agreement and payments must be from a sponsoring school or Synagogue.
- Does this training count towards college credits? There are a few universities that will give master's or bachelor's credits for Montessori graduates from MACTE Accredited programs (please reach out if you would like more information about this)
- What time is the training every day in the summer? The training will be from 8:30am - 5:30pm daily, and shorter days ending at 3:30pm on Fridays.
- Do you have babysitting options available? If there is enough interest, we can arrange for on-site babysitting for an additional cost. If not, we are happy to refer you to babysitters in the area who you could hire on your own.
- What is the cost of the training? The cost of the training is as follows:
Includes residency tuition
$8,150 (regular price)
If you apply and are accepted into our inaugural cohort beginning Summer 2017 we will be charging a special introductory price of $6,200
$100 application fee
$350 Professional fee
- How is this training “Jewish”? What is the benefit of joining this cohort? A Jewish Montessori classroom is not simply a Montessori classroom with a few Jewish shelves or centers. A Jewish Montessori classroom is integrated in all areas in that Jewish values, the Jewish year and curriculum permeate EVERY aspect and area of the classroom, from language to math and practical life! In this training, you will learn how to make that happen. We at Lamplighters Yeshivah understand that this is integral for Jewish Montessori educators, and we are committed to making sure that this training reflects that.
a. The residential component will be hosted and co-led by Lamplighters Yeshivah. We will spend two weeks this summer exploring and understanding, in a hands-on way, what an INTEGRATED Jewish Montessori program looks like. Each day will be a combination of class simulation, group reflections, expert lectures, discussions and demonstrations on specific topics such as “Approaching Practical Life Planning around the Jewish Year”, “How to Apply Behavior Analysis”, “Hebrew Language and Kriah using Montessori Methodology”, “Montessori Math”. Lectures will be given by both Lamplighters Yeshivah and CGMS expert educators.
b. The long distance online component - Jewish Montessori experts will be holding your hand along the ENTIRE journey. All of the content in the online component will always be brought back to the Jewish integration and application in YOUR Jewish Montessori classroom, thanks to the Lamplighters instructors who will be working together with CGMS to make sure that this training is relevant to our group.
c. The Cohort - Even as you embark on the online long distance component of the training, you will be learning in a LIVING, BREATHING, and ALWAYS COLLABORATIVE cohort of fellow Jewish Montessori teachers. You’ll learn something one day, be able to apply what you learnt in your Jewish Montessori classroom the very next day, and be able to report back, collaborate and modify what you applied together with your group. It’s a dynamic network of fellow educators implementing the learning materials and sharing what works. A network that will be there with you throughout the entire training and beyond.
- Can I still apply if I don’t have a Bachelor’s degree? If you don’t have a bachelor’s degree or international equivalent from an accredited university or college, the CGMS Director may accept other students pending approval of an Educational Portfolio. Your Educational Portfolio will include plans for future education, coursework completed after high school and Professional Development courses, life experiences, independent study, and a description of your study skills. Please request an Educational Portfolio packet from admissions.
- If I can’t make it to this year’s residential session, can I still get certified? Although it is preferable to kick off the training with the residential session, you can still get certified if you commit to attending the residential session next summer.
For more FAQs, please click here.