ABOUT THE POSITION
The function of this role is to work alongside and together with a co-lead teacher of 3-6 year old boys and girls.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND PASSIONS
- Montessori training certification
- At least 2 years of experience in Montessori education
- Maintain a Montessori curriculum and give Montessori lessons
- Maintain an environment in which the furnishing and materials are complete and correspond to the needs of the student
- Maintain a clear, orderly, and attractive Montessori environment, including the care and maintenance of classroom materials
- Maintain direct parent communication around matters related to students
THE NITTY GRITTY
Salary Range: $40,000 to $50,000
Benefits: Paid vacation, sick leave, parental leave, leave early for Shabbat, kosher food option available
Other Benefits: Be an integral part of a vibrant vision-centric, collaborative team.
Preferred Experience: 2 years experience
Preferred Degree: MACTE certification
other positions available
- Assistant Preschool Teacher (ages 3-6 class)
- Boys Rebbi (1st-3rd gr)
- Boys Rebbi (4th-5th gr)
- Girls Morah (3rd-4th gr)
- Girls Morah (5th-6th gr)
- Afternoon Math and Science Teacher(s)
- Boy’s School-Mesivta Programming Head (½ time)
- Bnos Chabad Programming Head (½ time)
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR US?
“Lamplighters Yeshivah is reclaiming school as a learning community, focused around our children. Rooted in Torah and infused with a process of questioning and experimentation, we nurture every child in realizing their Divine mission--applying their will, mind, heart and talents in the service of the Creator. In turn, they will do the same for others. This is Lamplighting.”
At Lamplighters, we are rethinking schools as living, breathing centers of learning and connection that value flexibility and adaptability. We are an experimental learning community engaged in rigorous research, data collection, curriculum development, and teacher training to customize the whole learning environment for every child; a replicable model poised to change the future of Jewish education. We aim to empower and transform Jewish education across the spectrum of Jewish community, moving schools of purveyors of information to integral focal points of dynamic community.
Ultimately, the most important number at Lamplighters is One: our core belief that we do not fit a child into a school; rather, we customize the school to fit the needs of every child. It starts with one. And through this dynamic, holistic model of Jewish education, we come to reveal the inherent unity of all creation, wholeness within the world, our community, our families and ourselves.
To apply for this job, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: "Preschool Teacher Position" or the job you are applying for, a cover letter, and your attached resume.