ARE YOU LOOKING FOR US?
“Lamplighters Yeshivah is reclaiming school as a learning community, focused around our children. Rooted in Torah and infused with a process of questioning and experimentation, we nurture every child in realizing their Divine mission--applying their will, mind, heart and talents in the service of the Creator. In turn, they will do the same for others. This is Lamplighting.”
At Lamplighters, we are rethinking schools as living, breathing centers of learning and connection that value flexibility and adaptability. We are an experimental learning community engaged in rigorous research, data collection, curriculum development, and teacher training to customize the whole learning environment for every child; a replicable model poised to change the future of Jewish education. We aim to empower and transform Jewish education across the spectrum of Jewish community, moving schools of purveyors of information to integral focal points of dynamic community.
Ultimately, the most important number at Lamplighters is One: our core belief that we do not fit a child into a school; rather, we customize the school to fit the needs of every child. It starts with one. And through this dynamic, holistic model of Jewish education, we come to reveal the inherent unity of all creation, wholeness within the world, our community, our families and ourselves.
Are you excited by the vision of Lamplighters Yeshivah? We're more than a school... We are a lab school that is researching innovative curriculum models to customize education for every child. And the vibe here is one of a tech start-up: lots of energy, new ideas, risk-taking and upward growth.
The perks of working at Lamplighters Yeshivah:
Joining our team is joining a movement, a community of like-minded pioneers who are on a quest to bring customizable education to all children. You will be embraced into a strong culture of support, shared values and care. Our school feels like a home, its members like family.
Kosher food on the daily, early dismissal on Fridays, paid holidays, sick leave, parental leave and vacations.
assistant preschool teacher
ABOUT THE POSITION
The function of this role is to work alongside the lead teacher of 3-6 year old boys and girls preschool class, under the supervision of the Educational Director.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND PASSIONS
- Some experience working with children
- Some basic interest of Montessori philosophy
- Passionate about progressive Jewish Education
- Be an organized, timely and orderly person
- Exhibit emotional maturity and stability.
- Demonstrate the ability to relate joyfully to children.
- Great communication skills to be able to maintain direct parent communication around matters related to students
- Ability willingness to learn how to work with and implement a Montessori curriculum
- Assist the Lead teacher in all of her duties as they relate to individualizing education for every child in the classroom
- Follow the classroom schedule created by the Lead teacher consisting of a fair and equitable distribution of job responsibilities for all adults to follow.
- Maintain an environment in which the furnishing and materials are complete and correspond to the needs of the student
- Maintain a clear, orderly, and attractive Montessori environment, including the care and maintenance of classroom materials
- Assist Lead teacher with the preparation of and participation in parent conferences at least twice each School Year, including two evening conferences as determined by School, at its sole discretion or as requested by parents.
- Assist Lead teacher in the recording of observations on children in the classroom using the required record keeping system provided by the school.
- Be in attendance at all Assistant staff meetings and parent meetings as requested by Director or Lead Teacher.
THE NITTY GRITTY
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Preferred Experience: Some experience working with children
Preferred Degree: None
To apply for this job, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: "Assistant Preschool Teacher Position" or the job you are applying for, a cover letter, and your attached resume.
Executive Administrator Position
At Lamplighters, we believe that instructional staff at our schools should be free to focus on providing our students with a high-quality education. The administrative arm at Lamplighters support schools by maintaining efficient systems and removing obstacles, ensuring that our teachers and executive leadership can concentrate on educating our students. However, we have a very holistic perspective on education. Anyone that interacts with children in our school can, in certain very real sense, also be considered a teacher. Montessori education makes use of all modalities in its learning environment. So the operations team must also view themselves as potential teachers, even while they are concentrating on maintaining efficient systems.
As the Executive Administrator, you work to ensure the effective operation of all non-academic aspects of the school. You are responsible to manage and implement systems that engender order, optimal productivity, and cohesiveness within all school operations. You are the mastermind of the school schedule and manage the school’s inventory, budget, and purchasing. You ensure seamless logistics for all events and activities. You make sure in countless ways that your school staff is supported to do the work of educating students as well as possible. You are a team player who will work intimately with the school faculty, Heads of School and Executive Director in working to grow our school in the best manner possible. But more than that, you set the tone for the warmth, love of children, passion and professionalism that our school seeks to epitomize.
Our ideal candidate understands the nuances of school culture and has demonstrated leadership and project management skills. You are a smart, motivated high-performer, with excellent problem solving and organization skills, attention to detail, and customer service focus. You quickly build strong relationships with everyone you work with. You get around any obstacle in order to accomplish ambitious goals. You thrive as part of a dynamic, vision-centric and committed team.
The Lamplighters environment is generally made up of autonomous, self managing teams. All team members are expected to be self-starters, learn from each other and teach each other. They are accountable to other teams for results.
Below are some of the general duties of the Administrator. Please note that there might be other duties that the leadership team needs assistance with:
- Develop, implement and test systems for general efficiency, including purchasing, inventory management, safety, student record keeping, etc.
- Keep and organize student and staff records and files
- Draw various reports from existing databases when needed
- Calendar updates, scheduling, and management
- Communications with parents and key constituents, including informative emails, letters and official notices to staff, parents, etc
- Collaborate with and direct office support staff when needed
- Liaison to bank
- Maintain integrity of Quickbooks: accurate data, input, bank recs, etc.
- Maintain accurate cash flow reports and projections
- Run and manage payroll
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable -- tuition collections and gift collections
- Manage budget and reporting, open invoices, deposits, etc
- Coordinate building maintenance and repairs including “emergencies”
- Assist with Lunch Program and Maintenance Crew, communicating with head chef, managing inventory and problem solving
- Inventory management (purchasing, ordering, organizing)
- Manage school compliance (Department of Health, insurances, safety etc.)
- Maintain inquiry, enrollment, and attrition database
- Oversee and manage the admissions process (schedule tours, send out application forms and tuition contracts, interface with prospective parents ,etc)
- Manage the financial aid process- FACTS, parent communication, board liaison, etc
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND PASSIONS
- Highly organized, detail oriented, efficient, able to multi-task, and work in an unpredictable environment
- Someone creative, an out of the box thinker, solutions oriented and comfortable taking risks
- A person who is excited by new initiatives and problem solving, a self-starter, hard working, driven and a go-getter
- A Go-Getter
- A Fast Learner
- A Problem Solver
- Highly Committed
- A Team Player
- Detail Oriented
- Creative and love to solve problems
- Maybe even a Perfectionist and a workaholic (many of our staff members are innately like this)
- Always Striving Higher
- An Initiative Taker
- Always looking to learn something new
- Easy to work with, fun!
- Not afraid to make a mistake and ask questions
- Happy to be surrounded by children
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Quickbooks (training available for the right candidate) and other tech platforms
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple systems
- Experience in high stress, flexible, evolving environments a plus
THE NITTY GRITTY
Salary Range: 40k-44k including paid vacations.
To apply for this job, please email email@example.com with the subject: Executive Administrative Position, a cover letter, and your attached resume.
After school program instructors
We're looking to fill our after school program calendar with extra curricular classes that encourage our students to explore new passions! We want to give our Lamplighters more unique opportunities to develop creatively, to learn technical skills and to enjoy more physical outlets.
We are looking for instructors who are passionate about art, music, technology, nature, pottery, carpentry, sports or have any useful skills that they can offer to our students in an engaging and exciting kid friendly way!
Interested in being an after school instructor? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and the skill you can offer to teach our students!