A Complete Jewish Montessori Certification Course
Starting April 2018
We did it. We've created an in-depth Montessori training, fully integrated with Jewish subjects, that is also certified. A training you could mostly complete from the comfort of your home. One that doesn't just send you off with some Montessori binders, where you're left to figure out the integral jewish element on your own. We wanted to create a training opportunity that builds a LIVING, BREATHING, and ALWAYS COLLABORATIVE cohort. A training where you could have an expert hold your hand along the entire journey. To empower you as a teacher. How does that sound?
Join us for a complete and integrated Jewish Montessori certification course! We've teamed up with the Center for Guided Montessori Studies to develop this 19 month course that includes both a residential component and a long distance online component-- and that is fully MACTE certified. Yes, we know, you want to know more! Click here to sign up for an informational webinar we're hosting on March 7th at 8:00pm where we will discuss all of the details and answer any questions you may have.
The application deadline to join this year's cohort is March 31st. If you have been thinking about applying, below is some of the important information that you might need to consider, like important dates, costs, the application checklist and FAQs.
Here is how it works:
You will be joining a 19-month Jewish Montessori Training Program that includes both an in-person residency component during the summer, and an online long distance component throughout the year.
The residential session
Lamplighters Yeshivah, together with the CGMS will be providing a residential session at Lamplighters. This is a 120 hour session that takes place over 16 days towards the beginning of the course. Save the date! Summer 2018: July 23 - August 10.
The long distance component
This component includes:
- An online distance learning course: This will span over the entire 19 months. Using the latest internet technology, CGMS will present video lectures and curriculum presentations offering a deep and comprehensive exploration of the Montessori approach for children 3-6 years of age. You will complete a variety of meaningful assignments which relate directly to their classroom experience and will be provided with opportunities for practical application of the course material.
- Practicum requirement: This entails a 9 month internship under a certified Montessori teacher in a well prepared Montessori classroom, or a self directed internship, with the guidance of both a qualified Field Consultant from CGMS and a Lamplighters Yeshivah trainer.
The Advantages of this Kind of Program
The beauty of this program is that unlike other Montessori training (and our teachers at Lamplighters have tried them all), you don’t just go home with Montessori albums that describe how to give lessons. In this program, you will be learning in collaboration with other students in a cohort group. In addition, an Instructional Guide and a Field Consultant will be discussing the material with you and providing feedback and advice every week of the entire training!
Why Join the Jewish Montessori Cohort:
- 2 additional days of training in the residential session, focusing on Jewish Montessori theory, Hebrew language and kriah, and planning around the Jewish calendar
- There's power in connecting with like-minded teachers who have the same fundamental spiritual lens in educating Jewish children, and who encounter similar challenges-- Complete this training together with a group of fellow Jewish Montessori Educators, interfacing both in the residential session and via regular, scheduled video conferences.
- Free access to all of our previous Lamplighters webinars, Parent Ed Event Workshop recordings and subscription to all of our future webinars (over $300 value)
- Access to our Preschool Kriah Curriculum, including downloadable files of Kriah books 1-3a (Preschool) + Our electronic tracking template ($1,800 value)
- Additional Lamplighters Instructional Guides in addition to the CGMS Instructional Guides to ALWAYS bring the content back to the Jewish Classroom, and to coach you throughout the process.
- Observance of Shabbat & Jewish Holidays
- Informational Webinar: March 7 (Recording available)
- Application Deadline: March 31
- Online Distance Learning Course Begins: April
- Residential Session Begins: July 23
- Residential Session Ends: August 10
Please don't hesitate to call us or email with any questions! Please contact Sara at 718.355.9138 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about this training opportunity.
Lamplighters Yeshivah is looking for 4 new Montessori Training interns for the upcoming school year who are interested in eventually becoming Jewish Montessori educators in the community. This internship opportunity offers an immersive Jewish Montessori mentorship experience (under certified Montessori teachers) and includes up to a $5,000 scholarship grant for the program.
New Montessori program in a Jewish day school in Lawrence, NY looking for qualified early education teachers to guide a 2's and possibly a primary room. Willing to sponsor the Jewish Montessori CGMS training program as well as provide full time employment opportunities starting this summer.
Small and warm Montessori Preschool in West Los Angeles is hiring a Montessori teacher full-time. Great environment and competitive salary and benefits. Please contact Montessoripreschoollosangeles@gmail.com for details.
Mesorah Montessori School is hiring a 3-6 teacher for the 5779 school year. Mesorah Montessori was started in 2002 and is the only frum Jewish Montessori school in Toronto, Canada. Competitive salary and great working hours. Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Maor Michigan, a new Jewish Montessori elementary program in the Metro Detroit area is looking for two lower elementary teachers. Montessori classroom experience and/or training preferred.Please contact Leah Seliger for more details and to apply at 646-352-1194 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ohr Chadash Girls School, Monsey, NY, is expanding into elementary/first grade for the coming year and is looking to hire two part time assistants (morning and afternoon). Please call Trish Wymore for more information at 845-459-5779.
Montessori inspired early learning center is looking for a teacher for their 18-36 month class, the "Torah Tots". Monday-Friday, 8:30-1:00. Montessori consultants on site. Please contact email@example.com or 973-983-8811, for more information.
Arevim Schoolhouse in sunny Boca Raton, Florida is looking to hire a full time Montessori trained teacher for their 5-6 yr old class. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Growing Early Childhood Montessori inspired program in Jerusalem, Israel is looking for a dynamic, creative, nurturing, primary teachers and assistants. Candidates need not be fully trained but passionate about the methodology and are looking to grow and develop. Must have passion for Early Childhood teaching. Speaking Hebrew and English a strong plus. Willing to sponsor Jewish Montessori Training. Please contact: Yahalommontessori@gmail.com
Shaarei Chinuch Day School in Chicago is seeking a caring, flexible individual to join their Jewish Montessori teaching team, for children ages 3-6. Candidate should have experience working with young children, and be open to learning new approaches and growing in this field. Please contact email@example.com for more info, or to submit your resume.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Here are some of the FAQs that we’ve been getting:
- Can I sign up without a school? All participants must be school sponsored--The tuition agreement and payments must be from a sponsoring school or Synagogue.
- Does this training count towards college credits? There are a few universities that will give master's or bachelor's credits for Montessori graduates from MACTE Accredited programs (please reach out if you would like more information about this)
- What time is the training every day in the summer? The training will be from 8:30am - 5:30pm daily (including Sundays), and shorter days ending at 3:30pm on Fridays.
- Do you have babysitting options available? We have an on-site babysitting service for infants available to you at an additional cost. If there is enough interest, we can arrange for on-site babysitting for other ages as well. If not, we are happy to refer you to babysitters in the area who you could hire on your own.
- What is the cost of the training? The cost of the training is as follows:
Includes residency tuition
$100 application fee
$350 Professional fee
- How is this training “Jewish”? What is the benefit of joining this cohort? A Jewish Montessori classroom is not simply a Montessori classroom with a few Jewish shelves or centers. A Jewish Montessori classroom is integrated in all areas in that Jewish values, the Jewish year and curriculum permeate EVERY aspect and area of the classroom, from language to math and practical life! In this training, you will learn how to make that happen. We at Lamplighters Yeshivah understand that this is integral for Jewish Montessori educators, and we are committed to making sure that this training reflects that.
- Can I still apply if I don’t have a Bachelor’s degree? If you don’t have a bachelor’s degree or international equivalent from an accredited university or college, the CGMS Director may accept other students pending approval of an Educational Portfolio. Your Educational Portfolio will include plans for future education, coursework completed after high school and Professional Development courses, life experiences, independent study, and a description of your study skills. Please request an Educational Portfolio packet from admissions.
- If I can’t make it to this year’s residential session, can I still get certified? Although it is preferable to kick off the training with the residential session, you can still get certified if you commit to attending the residential session next summer.
- Are there scholarships available?
If you are a Crown Heights resident, you may qualify for this scholarship. There are so many scholarships and grants available for vocational training like this, and that you may qualify for! Do some research on what is available in your area. Here are some of our suggestions:
UJA-Federation of NY Rose Biller Scholarship Fund
Fund for Teachers
The Hebrew Free Loan Society
UJA-Federation of NY Jean and Albert Nerken Scholarship Fund
You can also get your training paid for (or partially paid for) by your school, or a school looking to hire a Montessori trained teacher-- scroll up to the "Who's Hiring" section to check out available opportunities.
- For more FAQs, please click here.