A Complete Jewish Montessori Certification Course
Starting April 2018
We did it. We've created an in-depth Montessori training, fully integrated with Jewish subjects, that is also certified. A training you could mostly complete from the comfort of your home. One that doesn't just send you off with some Montessori binders, where you're left to figure out the integral jewish element on your own. We wanted to create a training opportunity that builds a LIVING, BREATHING, and ALWAYS COLLABORATIVE cohort. A training where you could have an expert hold your hand along the entire journey. To empower you as a teacher. How does that sound?
Join us for a complete and integrated Jewish Montessori certification course! We've teamed up with the Center for Guided Montessori Studies to develop this 19 month course that includes both a residential component and a long distance online component-- and that is fully certified. Yes, we know, you want to know more! Click here to sign up for an informational webinar we're hosting on Feb 15th at 8:00pm where we will discuss all of the details and answer any questions you may have.
The application deadline to join this year's cohort is March 31st. If you have been thinking about applying, below is some of the important information that you might need to consider, like important dates, costs, the application checklist and FAQs.
Here is how it works:
You will be joining a 19-month Jewish Montessori Training Program that includes both an in-person residency component during the summer, and an online long distance component throughout the year.
The residential session
Lamplighters Yeshivah, together with the CGMS will be providing a residential session at Lamplighters. This is a 120 hour session that takes place over 16 days towards the beginning of the course. Save the date! Summer 2018: July 9 - July 27.
The long distance component
This component includes:
- An online distance learning course: This will span over the entire 19 months. Using the latest internet technology, CGMS will present video lectures and curriculum presentations offering a deep and comprehensive exploration of the Montessori approach for children 3-6 years of age. You will complete a variety of meaningful assignments which relate directly to their classroom experience and will be provided with opportunities for practical application of the course material.
- Practicum requirement: This entails a 9 month Self- Directed internship in a well prepared Montessori classroom, with the guidance of both a qualified Field Consultant from CGMS and a Lamplighters Yeshivah trainer.
The Advantages of this Kind of Program
The beauty of this program is that unlike other Montessori training (and our teachers at Lamplighters have tried them all), you don’t just go home with Montessori albums that describe how to give lessons. In this program, you will be learning in collaboration with other students in a cohort group. In addition, an Instructional Guide and a Field Consultant will be discussing the material with you and providing feedback and advice every week of the entire training!
- Informational Webinar: March 7
- Application Deadline: March 31
- Online Distance Learning Course Begins: April
- Residential Session Begins: July 9
- Residential Session Ends: July 27
Please don't hesitate to call us or email with any questions! Please contact Sara at 718.355.9138 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about this training opportunity.
We're hosting an informational webinar on March 7th together with CGMS to share more details about this opportunity. Click here to sign up!
Lamplighters Yeshivah is looking for 4 new Montessori Training interns for the upcoming school year who are interested in eventually becoming Jewish Montessori educators in the community. This internship opportunity offers an immersive Jewish Montessori mentorship experience (under certified Montessori teachers) and includes up to a $5,000 scholarship grant for the program.
New Montessori program in a Jewish day school in Lawrence, NY looking for qualified early education teachers to guide a 2's and possibly a primary room. Willing to sponsor the Jewish Montessori CGMS training program as well as provide full time employment opportunities starting this summer.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Here are some of the FAQs that we’ve been getting:
- Can I sign up without a school? All participants must be school sponsored--The tuition agreement and payments must be from a sponsoring school or Synagogue.
- Does this training count towards college credits? There are a few universities that will give master's or bachelor's credits for Montessori graduates from MACTE Accredited programs (please reach out if you would like more information about this)
- What time is the training every day in the summer? The training will be from 8:30am - 5:30pm daily, and shorter days ending at 3:30pm on Fridays.
- Do you have babysitting options available? We have an on-site babysitting service for infants available to you at an additional cost. If there is enough interest, we can arrange for on-site babysitting for other ages as well. If not, we are happy to refer you to babysitters in the area who you could hire on your own.
- What is the cost of the training? The cost of the training is as follows:
Includes residency tuition
$100 application fee
$350 Professional fee
- How is this training “Jewish”? What is the benefit of joining this cohort? A Jewish Montessori classroom is not simply a Montessori classroom with a few Jewish shelves or centers. A Jewish Montessori classroom is integrated in all areas in that Jewish values, the Jewish year and curriculum permeate EVERY aspect and area of the classroom, from language to math and practical life! In this training, you will learn how to make that happen. We at Lamplighters Yeshivah understand that this is integral for Jewish Montessori educators, and we are committed to making sure that this training reflects that.
- Can I still apply if I don’t have a Bachelor’s degree? If you don’t have a bachelor’s degree or international equivalent from an accredited university or college, the CGMS Director may accept other students pending approval of an Educational Portfolio. Your Educational Portfolio will include plans for future education, coursework completed after high school and Professional Development courses, life experiences, independent study, and a description of your study skills. Please request an Educational Portfolio packet from admissions.
- If I can’t make it to this year’s residential session, can I still get certified? Although it is preferable to kick off the training with the residential session, you can still get certified if you commit to attending the residential session next summer.
- Are there scholarships available?
If you are a Crown Heights resident, you may qualify for this scholarship. There are so many scholarships and grants available for vocational training like this, and that you may qualify for! Do some research on what is available in your area. Here are some of our suggestions:
UJA-Federation of NY Rose Biller Scholarship Fund
Fund for Teachers
The Hebrew Free Loan Society
UJA-Federation of NY Jean and Albert Nerken Scholarship Fund
- For more FAQs, please click here.