FlameFund: Tuition Assistance at Lamplighters
Among our core principles at Lamplighters Yeshivah is to provide quality education to children of diverse socioeconomic backgrounds. We recognize there are parents who require financial assistance in the form of a tuition scholarship and work to provide that relief. We also nurture a culture where every family is paying their at their maximum possible investment.
In order to maintain a healthy budget, Lamplighters Yeshivah has a specific amount of funds allotted toward tuition assistance. Therefore, the scholarship process will be conducted with great due diligence in order to ensure scholarship funds are distributed in the most fair manner: aid will be awarded based on each families' needs, as well as Lamplighters Yeshivah's FlameFund budget, so that as many families as possible who are in need of tuition assistance can receive some aid.
The Tuition Assistance Committee will keep this process confidential and will perform its due diligence and determinations in a thoughtful manner. We ask our parents to consider their requests just as earnestly.
The deadline for current Lamplighters families is March 31, 2017.
If you have questions during the application process, you may reach TADS at 800-477-8237, Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM Eastern Time. TADS staff are also available through live chat on their website and email at email@example.com.
Frequently Asked Questions
How is financial aid awarded?
Lamplighters Yeshivah uses Tuition Aid Data Services (TADS), which assists independent schools in determining a family’s financial need. The report detailed by TADS is reviewed by our Tuition Assistance Committee, consisting of board and community members who review each application anonymously, and serves as a guideline in making financial aid decisions. The report computed by TADS does not bind Lamplighters Yeshivah to any specific award.
Who may apply for financial aid?
Anyone who has applied for admission may apply for financial aid.
Does applying for financial aid influence the admission decision?
No. Financial aid files are reviewed and awards are made only after a student is admitted. However, financial aid requests must be made by the April 15th deadline in order for an award to be considered. If a student is neither admitted nor placed on the waitlist, the financial aid file is shredded and destroyed.
How do I apply for financial aid?
1. Complete the standard TADS Financial Aid Application, along with uploading a letter of explanation and the requested supporting documentation (instructions are in the TADS form):
- Click here to log into the TADS system
- Click the Financial Aid tab on the top
- Select New York -> Brooklyn and then select Lamplighters Yeshivah
- Then complete your application (Note: one application can cover multiple children)
- You will be required to submit a payment of $34 with the Financial Aid application, which is a fee from TADS to process the financial aid application and perform the due diligence of the form.
- It is suggested that you download the financial aid worksheet (click here) before beginning the application, so that you will be able to gather all necessary information prior to applying online.
2. TADS will perform its due diligence and provide its “audit” to the Lamplighters Yeshivah Tuition Assistance Committee.
3. The Tuition Assistance Committee will review and make a preliminary determination and share it with you.
4. If you do not accept the decision, you will be invited to submit your questions or concerns to the Tuition Assistance Committee to discuss its preliminary determination.
5. After further review (if applicable), the Tuition Assistance Committee will make its final determination and share its decision with you.
6. If you accept the decision, you will be sent a Tuition Contract to sign.